Menu
3fords
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Remote Control Programming

I have programmed my Tivo remote control to enable the volume and mute buttons to be used instead of having to go for the TV remote control.

However, when I press the "standby" button on the Tivo remote it turns off the TV which is good but it doesn't put the Tivo box into "standby". I have to use the button on the Tivo box to put it into "standby".

Does anyone know if there is a code or routine to ensure this does put the box into "standby" as well as turning off the TV or can it not be done? Many thanks from a new user on this forum.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Remote Control Programming

A short press on the relevant button will put the TiVo into standby. A long press switches off the TV.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The short press should produce a red LED on your remote and the long press a green one.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi 3fords,

Thanks for coming by and I'm glad to hear you got your remote control sorted out in the end with the help of our community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and say if you need any help or have any further queries, give us a shout anytime Smiley Happy

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A short press on the relevant button will put the TiVo into standby. A long press switches off the TV.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The short press should produce a red LED on your remote and the long press a green one.

3fords
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much Howard, this worked. Too bad the set up instructions never stated this is what you had to do, I of course was holding down the standby button as a turn off for too long. As I was used to doing before it was programmed to use the Vol & Mute buttons.  Many thanks again Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
3fords
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much Ernie, this worked. Too bad the set up instructions never stated this is what you had to do, I of course was holding down the standby button as a turn off for too long. As I was used to doing before it was programmed to use the Vol & Mute buttons.  Many thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi 3fords,

Thanks for coming by and I'm glad to hear you got your remote control sorted out in the end with the help of our community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and say if you need any help or have any further queries, give us a shout anytime Smiley Happy

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos