Menu
kevinm60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Red button

I have a new Tivo box installed yesterday. i have just tried to use the red button feature on a number of channels. The tivo remote locks up and after a few minutes the tv says please check your internet connection. The internet connection is ok when using Netflix Can you help please

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Red button

Hi Kevinm60,

Thank you for your message, I hope you're enjoying your week so far.

I am sorry that the red button hasn't been working as well as we'd like. I have been able to test the account and the TiVo is looking OK from here. Can you please name the channels/shows included and times of day this is attempted on please?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Several of TiVo's red button services such as Demand 5 (via Channel 5, 5STAR and 5USA), UKTV Play (via Gold, W, Alibi, Drama, Dave, Really, Home, Yesterday, Eden and Good Food) and Virgin Movies have been broken since the new software was released in August and none of them have been fixed.

It's a shambles!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi VMViewer,

Thank you for your message, I'm sorry that the red button isn't working right now. 

I have looked into this and it is something that we are aware of and currently working on. I'm looking to get more information back on the 11th of November. Once this has passed, I'll be sure to pop a message back here for you.

Keep in touch.

Ben

VMViewer
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, it's now the 21st November, so another 10 days after you were going to get more information and provide an update.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

My apologies for not coming back sooner, thank you for bumping the thread Smiley Happy

I've looked into the outages listed for the area and we're only seeing red button issues on the UKTV side of the on demand now. 

I've checked the services and they're working well, which is good news. If you're seeing this still please let me know. 

Many thanks and both take care.

Ben

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Nothing has changed, the same three Red Button services that were broken by the TiVo software update in AUGUST are still exactly the same, ridiculous!

Demand 5 (on Channel 5, 5STAR and 5USA)

Go to any of the channels above and press red. Brings up the loading dial but goes back to the prompt again, it then works if you press red for a second time. All the programmes are listed twice and doesn't have sections for the different channels, they are just muddled together in the same long lists.

UKTV Play (on Gold, W, Alibi, Drama, Dave, Really, Home, Yesterday, Eden and Good Food)

Go to any of the channels above and press red, It just gets stuck on a semi transparent loading screen but if you press red again you can sort of use the service although it is obscured underneath. You can't exit.

Virgin Movies (on Virgin Movies Previews)

Go to channel 400 and the 'Rent Now' prompt comes up immediately, but when you press red an error screen comes up saying:

"We're sorry, Virgin Movies red button is currently unavailable due to technical issues."

In the bottom corner it has "HTML Slate app. v.1.1".

I reported the issues on 19th AUGUST and it's now 28th NOVEMBER - why are Virgin Media incapable of fixing these issues, for more than 3 MONTHS?

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Bump
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi VMViewer,

I have responded to your original post about this issue here: Virgin Movies 'Rent Now' still broken.

Regards

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help