Menu
kevinbowe2000
Settling in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Recordings on TV Anywhere

I have been given conflicting information by a number of the Virgin Media sales people, and am hoping this community might be able to give me the correct answer.

I believe I can watch some channels on the TV anywhere app when I am out and about (limited selection). But when I am at home, on my virgin wifi connection, can I stream more channels and, most importantly, can I stream my Tivo recordings?

I am not a current customer of Virgin and hence cannot check any of this. Any definitive answers would be most appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Recordings on TV Anywhere

The number of streaming channels is the same when you're connected to WiFi whether you're at home or out and about (it's currently possible to stream Sky Movies and Sky Sports only over mobile data if they're in your subscription).

It's not possible to stream TiVo recordings via TV Anywhere, but when you're at home and your TiVo box is connected to your home network you can use the TV Anywhere app as a remote control to select and start recordings to view on the TV that's connected to TiVo.

You can also use TV Anywhere to manage your TiVo recordings as long as your device has a data connection.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
kevinbowe2000
Settling in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the prompt reply BenMcr. Do you know if this will be changed any time soon?

My plan is to put a Tivo in the sitting room, and a second box in the bedroom.

If I want to watch the sitting room recordings on the second box in the bedroom, can this box be a V+HD box, or does it need to be a Tivo box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Both have to be TiVos and both have to be connected to your Superhub.

0 Kudos
kevinbowe2000
Settling in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the help. Nice to be able to get straight forward answers.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend

0 Kudos
kevinbowe2000
Settling in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry one last one.

Other than the fact that you cannot watch the other Tivo's recordings, and you cannot record three channels at once, what is the "disadvantage" of having a V+ box instead of a Tivo box? I dont plan on recording anything on the box in the bedroom, so that "disadvantage" does not bother me. Or does anyone have a link to a comparison? I cannot find one.

Thanks in advance again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you don't want to record on the second box and accept that you can't watch TiVo's recordings there, you could go for the non-recording V HD.

http://store.virginmedia.com/digital-tv/set-top-boxes/index.html

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Although I would point out that you also won't get options such as Netflix, the full BBC iPlayer and other services on the V HD box.

So even if you're not worried about recording on both boxes, choosing TiVo for all boxes you want is generally the better option.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos