Menu
andy_d
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Recordings Failed - No Signal

In the last few days, some of my Tivo recordings have failed. When I check in Recording Hiccups, the explanation is "No Signal". Do you know what would have caused this? Other recordings have been successful and the box is working fine at present. I have also checked the cable connection at the back of the box and at the wall - they are fine.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Recordings Failed - No Signal

There are 2 possibilities. One is an intermittent area fault causing the service to go down. The other is that one of the 3 tuners in the TiVO is faulty.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are 2 possibilities. One is an intermittent area fault causing the service to go down. The other is that one of the 3 tuners in the TiVO is faulty.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
andy_d
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. There are 2 known issues in my area - one affecting some BBC channels on catch up and on demand; the other affecting TV Anywhere. Don't know if either of these could explain my issue.

Is there any way you can tell which tuner a programme was recorded on?

0 Kudos
andy_d
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The recordings which failed with "No signal" were on Sky Living, Universal and Sky 1. The Tivo had 2 more attempts at recording the programme on Sky 1, which failed with the same error (the programmes on the other channels were not repeated). When I checked Sky 1 live, there really was was no signal. Turned the Tivo off and on and everything is working okay.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi andy_d,

Sorry to hear that your TiVo recordings failed and that you're getting a "No Signal" error on your channels. Apologies as well for the delay in getting back to you on this.

I've been able to run testing to your TiVo and as nodrogd advised there is a problem with your TiVo--the tuners are all showing off and the signal levels are not correct--so I will need to arrange an engineer visit for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nicochick
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having this exact same problem - can you help please? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello nicochick,

Welcome to the community.

I have been able to locate your account and I can see a technician has been booked for this so please let me know how you get on or if you need any further help after your visit.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos