Menu
campaigns
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Quality

I am finding more and more that my older v+ box has so much better quality images than that of my Tivo box.

I have recently had my Tivo box replaced but it has had no effect what so ever. If anything it seems worse - pixelated tv images. worse than that of streaming from Youtube I find.

Is there anything I can be doing about this? I have a panasonic HD tv so I'm pretty sure its not that.

My V+ box is connected to a HD Samsung TV and picture quality is so much better. I am thinking I might be best to just drop Tivo and go back to another V+ box.

I wish I could get it sorted.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Quality

Hi campaigns

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service. 

We don't expect the picture from your TiVo service to not be as good as previous set top boxes so I've located your account to run some tests on the box from our end for you. We're not detecting any errors there though so I hope things have improved? 

If not, have you been able to try an alternate HDMI cable? Or to try the TiVo on a different HDMI source on your TV? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
campaigns
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm thinking of just going back to a non TIVO HD box.

How do I go about this?

Thanks for reaching out by the way.

Stephen

0 Kudos
campaigns
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Alternatively, I'd be happy to try one of the new tivo boxes.

Equally - do I have to pay extra for this? I just had to pay extra to get a new modem and it seems unfair to have to keep paying out for good equipment.

Look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the response, the V6 boxes are an upgrade so it's a slightly different service. You can find out how much it would be to upgrade by giving our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111. 

Alternatively, if there's an issue with your current set top box we'd like to help to resolve it. Firstly by taking a look at the HDMI cable you're using and the source channel on your TV.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
campaigns
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have tried a number of HDMI leads, including the one I am using on my other V+ box. I am simply running to channel HDMI 1 on my TV which seems to make sense.

I am also now getting really SLOW response times when trying to change channel etc. I think I'd just like to go back to the V+ box and give tivo a miss. I originally wanted TIVO for the apps and in particular for Spotify - which you no longer support anyway. I also have AMazon sticks, a smart TV etc etc so I don't really get any value at all from having TIVO - unless you can tell me otherwise.

I do appreciate the attention you are paying to this issue for me.

Stephen

0 Kudos
campaigns
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have been reading the forum and it seems loads of people are having the same problem with TIVO and it generally looks like its not fit for purpose.

Why are you not telling your customers that the service is not running as it should be and giving a reduction?

This is the sort of service I have come to expect from Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and apologies again for the inconvenience your TV service is causing.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

As for the issues with TiVo in general, we have a lot of customers and the majority aren't represented here, as this is a user Community with staff assistance, our customers tend to only come here when they have an issue. In short, I wouldn't read into other posts too muchMan Happy

We'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi I find no problems with my tivo, perhaps I'm lucky, but pixalating would indicate a signal problem which with HD will be more critical. But if you have a lack of quality with your images apart from pixalating you maybe should look at your settings on the tivo & tv. & make sure they are set on 1080i other wise you won't receive HD images. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi campaigns

Thanks for confirming the appointment, as for swapping the TiVo box for a V+ or V HD, that's not possible unfortunately. We only offer the TiVo boxes at the moment. 

We'd love to hear how the appointment goes

Craig

0 Kudos