Menu
Bassettpostie
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Pixelation

Hi, Very new here.

My Tivo box has started pixeling and freezing, it's getting progressively worse.

I have checked leads, reset box and have run out of ideas.

Hopefully I am in the right place to get some guidance.

Many thanks .....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Pixelation

Hi Bassettpostie,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with your Input signal levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SwanseaDave
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I too have been getting pixelation in narrow bands across the screen.Can be very annoying if watching something.

Blues is a Healer-John Lee Hooker
0 Kudos
Speckyspeck
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We too have been having the same problem, freezing pictures on live TV and recordings, for the past 10 weeks. We have had 4 engineer visits now, had TIVO box replaced once, and after every visit engineer says issue fixed. But always a few days later, issue returns with pictures pixalating and freezing.

We are due to have YET another visit tomorrow, and we have asked for a senior engineer, as we are totally fed up with not being able to watch programmes and we are paying a high premium for this TV Service, & for the inconvenience of waiting in for the engineer, and I can't count the endless number of hours speaking on the phone to Virgin to resolve the issue.

It seems to be a very common issue looking at the number of comments on the forum.

Come on Virgin what is going on ???????

Quick Reply Reply
0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello SwanseaDave,

Thanks for the post!

Does this happen on certain channels?

I have just sent a signal so could you check all cables are secure at the back of the box and reboot by the mains to see whether there's any improvement.

If not then I'll need to arrange for an engineer so please let me know.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Speckyspeck,

Really sorry to learn about the problems you've been having with your television service.

Please let us know how your appointment went or whether you need any further help.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos