Menu
SteveMusicMan
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo: Paused/deferred programmes lost when simultaneous recordings end

We often watch tv programmes that have been deferred by up to an hour, whilst recording live TV on the same channel at the same time - if that makes any sense. For example, we pause the 6.00pm News on BBC whilst cooking dinner, and start watching it at, say, 6.50. Meanwhile, another BBC programme scheduled to record at 7.00pm will do so without any problem.

Recently however, when the scheduled recording ends, the deferred programme will also stop playing, and jump to live TV without keeping the deferred programme. This means that we completely lose whatever we were watching before. (Apologies for the complicated description of a simple problem!)

This has only been happening recently, since the last update. Very annoying!

Anyone else had the problem please? Any suggested solutions (other than recording the deferred programme/s)?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo: Paused/deferred programmes lost when simultaneous recordings end

How many recordings do you have scheduled for 19:00? It's not running out of tuners, is it?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
SteveMusicMan
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion, PrinterElf. No, it happens regardless of number of recordings. Also, I do get a warning if Tivo needs to change the channel. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In which case, I wonder if TiVo is using the tuner which you currently have paused as the tuner to record the following programme. In which case it would be right that it's clearing the buffer at the start of the recording.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
SteveMusicMan
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good thought. It puzzles me, though, that this has only been happening for the last couple of weeks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do you know when the box was last rebooted prior to that?

I wonder if you've not been recording much simultaneously whether the TiVo is just using tuner #1 for broadcast and then record.

0 Kudos
SteveMusicMan
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thinking about it, last reboot was probably around the time the problem started (an effort to do something - anything - to speed the box up a bit!).

We frequently record up to 3 programmes simultaneously without any other problems though.

Cheers.
0 Kudos