Menu
markw96
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo - Only recording half of programs and working slow

Hi,

I am experiencing a few problems with my TiVo box.  At times it works very slowly when browsing through the tv listings and my recorded programs.

Also on a few occasions now it has only recording half an episode/program that I have set it to record.  This seems to happen when one recording follows onto another recording on the same channel.  It states that it has recorded the whole program yet when the program is started you can see from the red bar (if you know what I mean) that only half of the program has recorded.  It will play from the start then when it gets to the point when the recording has stopped abruptly it loops back to the start.  On occasions it also plays the recorded program in a different order, i.e will play the middle part, then back to the start, and then loop back again.

Can someone please look into this for me?

0 Kudos
markw96
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo - Only recording half of programs and working slow

Do these messages get read frequently??
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

markw96 wrote:
Do these messages get read frequently??

they get read from the bottom up, bumping your own post just moves it further away from the section on the forum they're working their way through.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi markw96

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I'd like to take a closer look at this and run some tests from our end but I've not been able to locate your account unfortunately. If you'd like me to take a look for you, respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information and I'll take a look right away.

You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MrCrustacean
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The very same problem has started to happen with one of my Tivo boxes. Is there a workround for this issue please?
0 Kudos