Menu
kellyd85
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tivo No Signal after storm

I'm at my wits end. Customer services not picking up been trying to call for 3 hours I feel like crying. My Internet and home phone are fine after a storm but I have no tivo service. I've reset the box turned everything offs and on several times to no avail. The box just sounds dead. I get 2 green lights on it and the message no signal on my tv. Normal free view tv working fine. help!!
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo No Signal after storm

Are u connected by scart or hdmi?

0 Kudos
kellyd85
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hdmi
0 Kudos
kellyd85
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am just fed up of bad service my bills are constantly being increased for better services allegedly but this is not the case and 70 quid a month for no Tivo is unacceptable plus a customer service line who do not answer! Really considering my future. Been with you guys for over 3 years
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

can you try a scart cable TiVO > TV?

if this works then there's a fair chance your TiVO HDMI socket is blown, possibly by a lightning strike during the storm, happened to me a few years back.

start watching any important backlog you have as a box swap may well be on the horizon.

0 Kudos
kellyd85
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am not technical at all. I would like an engineer to come and take a look but cannot get through on the phone same song plays about 4 times and then cuts me off. I do think it is the hmdi as I also have a dvd player on hdmi which is now not working but free view is fine
0 Kudos
davegore2005
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

exact same thing has just happened to us, lots of lightening nearby.

we have tried different ports into our AV box, even put the tivo directly into the tv through HDMI, nothing worked

called CS, new box arriving the day after tomorrow, he suspects a blown HDMI socket

Dave

0 Kudos
kellyd85
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi dave no way sorry to hear it's happened to you too. So frustrating that I cannot get through to customer services to explain and maybe be helped as you were.
0 Kudos
davegore2005
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

we were on hold for 20 minutes, but didn't let the guy try to tell us to try a reboot, or a different cable, we told him firmly we had already done that
0 Kudos
kellyd85
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying all evening to get hold of them. I live alone and have a child and after a long day at work I am so annoyed at having to be on hold listening to justin bieber for 20 minutes at a time since 6pm to then be cut off. Feel like I've banged my head against a wall. Hopefully will get issue sorted tomorrow like you have been able to