LukaJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Netflix just not working

• Internet connection is fine
  • Youtube works fine
  • Have experienced slow service on Tivo from time to time

However, we've given up on using Netflix on the tv. There was a time when it would work ok, the service was slightly temperamental. Then it got worse - incredibly slow, only the audio would play, would start a show in the middle of the episode. Now it is ridiculous. It just doesn't work - takes at least 5 mins to respond and we have to restart the box to get it back to normal tv. It's utterly useless, which is such a shame as we regularly want to watch an on demand film on the tv as a family. Instead, we are limited to watching Netflix on the small laptop screen, or a recorded film.

I agree with other users on this forum when they say that Virgin shouldn't advertise such services if, on many boxes, they just don't work. We would be very grateful if this could be solved.

Tags (2)
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Netflix just not working

Check to see if there are any reported service issues in your area.

You can do this either using this link: http://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status, or the buttons in the top right of this page:

If nothing, then ring in, as you may have signal issues.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi LukaJ

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing. 

If you've not called this into the team yet, I'd like to take a look for you. To allow me to do so, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

AndreaDew77
Tuning in
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

AndreaDew77 

Fresh as a Daisy

2:34 PM

For the past 3 months netflix constantly buffers at 25%. I've had my Tivo reboot and my broadband/modem reset so many times but still it buffers. If i use my laptop works fine so must be faulty Tivo. When are Virgin going to fix this problem its getting beyond ridiculous and so frustrating. Does it actally work for anyone?????
savvychels
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

AndreaDew77 wrote:

AndreaDew77 

Fresh as a Daisy

2:34 PM

For the past 3 months netflix constantly buffers at 25%. I've had my Tivo reboot and my broadband/modem reset so many times but still it buffers. If i use my laptop works fine so must be faulty Tivo. When are Virgin going to fix this problem its getting beyond ridiculous and so frustrating. Does it actally work for anyone?????

I can confirm its working well for me.  It takes a little longer than I'd like to get into, but I've worked my way through a lot of series this past few weeks with no issues.  That's not to deny others are having trouble, just to answer and confirm it is working fine for some of us.  I hope it gets sorted soon for those with issues.

Turak64
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I was using Netflix last night and it kept chucking me out. I would be flicking through my list or something and suddenly "Exiting" would just appear on the screen. It even happened once when I was trying to rewind a film I was playing! The app is a bit slower than it is on my PS4, but one of the main reasons I got Virgin was because Netflix was integrated into the box. 

It seems like most things on the TiVo box are slow, clunky and buggy. It would be really nice if this could be corrected as I really enjoy Virgin... when it works.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Turak64,

Thanks for coming by and so sorry to hear about Netflix issue you've been having recently.

I've been looking into this and so far I've not been able to see any detectable faults.

Are you able to give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111, our teams here will be able to look into this further for you.

Let us know how you get on and keep in touch. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Paul8
Joining in
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

We have the same problem as AndreaDew77 above. Netflix works for a while and then buffers at 25%. Go back to TV then back to Netflix and it happens again and again, Netflix works fine on all other devices just not on Virgin TiVo. We could put up with the clunky Tivo menu system but this is just too frustrating. We are going to buy Roku box and move from Virgin soon as the contract ends.
SteGillWard
Joining in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I am also having the same problem. Netflix is much slower to load than via a PC or Tablet and I continually get the app crashing with the 25% marker on the screen.

I have looked at the diagnostics and the Ethernet link between the TiVo and the Router is "failing" during this time, shown by the LED flashing. After 2 or 3 times testing the link and getting errors such as "nw-3-16" and "nw-2-5" and "nw-3-6" the link re-establishes and Netflix can be restarted from scratch. 

In all, this usually takes about 5 mins. This is very inconvenient, as this happens anywhere between every 5 mins and an hour. We cannot watch a film or an epsiode of a series without it happening at least once.

Ringing Customer Support does not help. It took me 15 mins to get through wehere I was told this was a known fault and they had no idea when it was likely to be sorted.

Having looked on the various forums, it appears that this has been going on for more than 18 months, although I have nly had the problem for about 2 months myself. However, it is now so bad that it makes Netflix on Virgin almost unuseable.

Virgin, what is the problem, what are you doing about it and when will this be resolved?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Paul8 and @SteGillWard,

Welcome to the community and thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I am sorry that Netflix isn't working as it should for you.  I just wanted to pop by and let you both know there is a known issue that our teams are working to resolve.

We have been working on this for a while and we hope to have this sorted very soon.  We're working on a fix and when we know more of a fix date, we shall let you know as soon as we do.

I'm sorry that I'm unable to be more specific, I can assure you we are working to fix this issue.

Thank you for your patience. 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos