Menu
karian1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Netflix App Issue

Netflix has worked flawlessly until approximately three weeks ago (throughout which I have been hoping that it would get resolved but hasn't, hence this message to the support forums in the first instance). Every time I stream content from Netflix the following problems occur:

- Several buffering events (at least three) over the course of a (usually 45-60min) series episode.

- This buffering more often than not involves stalling on 25% for a protracted period of time after which the content will either continue to stream (for a period of time) or the app will state that an error has occurred (along the lines of: 'Try again later' or 'You may not be connected to the internet').

- Rather than buffering the screen pauses but the subtitles and/or audio continue for a period of time.

- Rather than buffering, all content pauses and an error message appears as noted above.

Simply returning to the Netflix app home screen resolves the issues insomuch as the content streams but only to repeat any of the above problems after a short time.

In terms of the 'You may have lost internet connection' etc error message, a quick Netflix diagnosis shows that an internet connection is established, that all Netflix servers are functional, and that there are no DNS issues. To this end, Netflix streams satisfactorily on my IMac, which is connected to Wi-Fi. There is an option to 'reinstall Netflix' but I'd rather seek advice first.  

I have noticed that the second green LED on the Tivo box (I presume indicating health) flashes whenever one of the problems occur.

Having run a diagnostic test on my Tivo box via my online account the test found that 'I have not reset my equipment in a while'. However, a subsequent reset, initiated via my online account, was unsuccessful in resolving the Netflix issue (to which end further diagnostic tests find that 'I have not reset my equipment in a while').

This is very frustrating given that Netflix streaming was one of the reasons I was attracted to the Virgin media Tivo platform. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karian   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Netflix App Issue

Hi karian1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue while watching Netflix. 

Looking at your account, I've checked the TiVo® stats and am not seeing any underlying issues with it. 

I can see there is currently an issue affecting you that's just been raised up. As it's only just been raised, we don't have a lot of details here to offer. 

If you check out the Service Status page here: http://virg.co/service you can register for updates on the fault there.

If there is anything else we can do, please let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
karian1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well, still no joy watching Netflix (or rather trying to watch Netflix). Still buffering several times over the course of a programme or coming up with a 'service not currently available' error. Basically, the service is currently a waste of money given that I only use it via Virgin Tivo. Looking over the forums it is clear that there is some sort of problem with the Netflix app. Very frustrated here.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karian1

I'm really sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with the NEtflix application at the moment. 

Some customers are experiencing a problem where the app will crash on 25%, so any issue different to that, we'd like to address individually.

If you're able to reboot the set top box after reading this message and let me know when you've done that, I'll re-run the tests and let you know what we're seeing. After that, I'll be able to let you know what action can be taken to get this resolved for you.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos