Menu
hintofmint
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Missing HD Movies on Demand - When's the service upgrade date

When is the upgrade thats causing sky hd movies on demand to disappear after 30 days going to be complete. Thats if it is an upgrade at all. We need an expected date on these sorts of things and should have been told about it before hand im paying for a service i dont recieve. Seriously thinking of moving to sky its been more than 4 months now. Hundreds of movies no longer available in hd.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo service upgrade date

Answer removed.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hmm Answer removed very suspicious.
Any slight chance of an answer would be good.
I will be calling them up this weekend not that I think it will do any good as it's been like this for ages.
0 Kudos
hintofmint
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still no reply or answer as to whats happening with this issue. They mentioned it was an upgrade but there has been no mention of uprgrades when ringing in about it. Now catch up tv has no hd content. So not just a sky content issue now. Can anyone from virgin media please give an answer as to whats happening and when if ever its going to be fixed.
0 Kudos
hintofmint
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Catch up tv is now showing hd content again but movies remain the same.
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So I was gathering evidence to call Virgin last night (which I will actually do tonight) but this is what I came up with.

I looked at 3 random letters of the alphabet to just compare the SD and HD offerings.
Here are my results.

Letter F = 17 HD, 58 SD
Letter H = 11 HD, 47 SD
Letter M = 7 HD, 57 SD

Something is clearly wrong surely? Everything to me at a glance was a 1:1 ratio in terms of being able to get a SD or HD version of any film. I have no proof of that but there were way more than how many there are now put it that way.
This has been like this for months now but I did not realise it was so bad until I started counting it up.
0 Kudos