Menu
mutt08
Superfast
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Issues...

My Tivo is now becoming painfully slow when navigating around the various menus & selecting options It has not always been like this so I suspect its either down to a bad firmware update or the box starting to give up.

Also whilst watching Dragons Den yesterday evening the Tivo just gave up & left us with a blank screen. The Tivo wouldn't respond to any inputs from the remote control so a power down was needed & this then took a lot longer than is usual to restart.

This is not the first time that its crashed & I'm getting a bit concerned that if the box decides to quit then I am going to lose all the programmes that I have recorded & not yet watched.

I would appreciate a response from a Virgin Tech..

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Issues...

Seriously, TIVO faults where you suspect a dying device are best called in by phone. A tech is usually booked on the spot.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
mutt08
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeah Seriously, do I really want to speak to some half brain in a foreign call centre on a bank holiday!!!

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Who's the half brain (sorry)?  Me obviously.

It's not a bank holiday over there and for this type of fault you get results.  I wouldn't have suggested it if I hadn't been well served very recently.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi mutt08

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service lately, I'd love to help get to the bottom of this right away.

I've been able to locate your account and test the set top box from our end, we're not getting all the information back from it at the moment though, would you know if it was turned off at the time of this post? If it was in standby, then it should return the results so could indicate an issue.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mutt08
Superfast
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying Craig & may I apologise for the delay in getting back to you.

The Tivo box in question is never turned off & at any time that its not in use then it would be left in stand by.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mutt08,

Thank you for your reply, Craig isn't in right now but I'd love to step in and help Smiley Happy

I've been able to bring myself up to speed here and I've been testing the connection, thank you for assuring us that the box was on but in standby, from this information It looks like there are a few issues that I'd like to help with. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mutt08
Superfast
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

PM replied to, many thanks...

0 Kudos
bhups
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi mutt08,

keep us posted on the issues u are having and if they get resolved.

im having similar issues you are reporting.

regards,

Bhups

0 Kudos
mutt08
Superfast
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No problem bhups, I will keep this thread updated...

0 Kudos