Flag for a moderator

Tivo Issues

I've recently been experiencing some issues with tivo such as:
- playback randomly pausing for upto 5 secs
- picture breakup on playback
- laggy response in menus and playback
- unresponsive youtube app
- lots to 'to be announced' in the EGP

And finally last night it missed some recodings due to 'power lost' despite us having no power cuts. I switched on half though a planned recording and only at that point did the recording start.

I've rebooted the set a few times but it does not seem to have improved. Before I call it in, is there anything else I can try?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Issues

At a guess I would say you're hard drive is starting to fail, it's difficult to say for sure but if you watch something live without picture breakup or freezing and it occurs when you check a recording it's going to be the hard drive

pringle_addict
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks dannylau

I'll call it in and see what the verdict is.

0 Kudos
pringle_addict
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any indications from Tech Support as to likely issues, before I call CS to report the issue?

Thanks

pringle

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there pringle_addict, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issue with your TiVo® recently. I've run some testing on the TiVo® and can't see any issues that would cause the fault that you are reporting. 

As Dannylau has said, some of the issues you've described would normally point towards a faulty hard drive, however testing on your TiVo® shows no issues with the hard drive or signal strength coming into the property. 

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Please let me know

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
pringle_addict
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw

Yes still very much playing up last night. Missed recordings and stop start playback.

Pringle
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pringle, 

Thanks for coming back to me so swiftly on this matter. I think it'd be best to get someone out to take a look at things for you. So will send you a private message in order to get this arranged. 

Please look to the top left of this screen where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
pringle_addict
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw

Many thanks for organising the engineer call. He advised that he could see no hdd issues and put the issue down to 3rd party cables from the wall to the tivo. After replacing tivo and router cables it looked like everything was good, but after missing some late night motogp recordings and with ever worsening pausing and skipping on recordings it is clear that the problem persists.

I have responded NO to my follow up text but have had no call back.

Not a wasted trip as my internet was upgraded to 200mb but disappointing that the tivo is still unreliable.

Could we arrange a further service visit please?

Pringle
0 Kudos
pringle_addict
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to close this one off. We had a replacement box installed during a follow up service visit and all the previous issues have gone. The new box is working like clockwork. We copied over series links aswell after finally finding the link in the tv anywhere site. All good now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi pringle_addict, 

Thanks so much for coming back to us and letting us know that things are resolved. 

It's great to hear you were also able to copy over the settings so you didn't have to set these all up again. 

If you have any further issues going forward, you know where to find us. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos