Menu
Bartop
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Glo Remote

Hi all, first post but looks like lots of good info here.

Did a search but couldn't find anything on this but does anyone know if its possible to get the Tivo Glo remote (the backlit one) to work with the UK Tivo box?

Many thanks in advance

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Glo Remote

Hi there Bartop, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to our forums and say thank you for your kind words regarding the information available. 

In answer your question regarding the TiVo® Glo remote control I can only say that I'm really not sure, as the TiVo® we use is specially manufactured for us, so I would tend to say it would possibly not work with our TiVo® box.

I'm just wondering if there is a reason behind needing this, we do offer an alternate TiVo® that some people do find of benefit when trying to make out the buttons, this is our TiVo® high contrast remote control. Click on this link to see more about this. There is a picture of the high contrast remote control about half way down the page, as well as details on how to order one. 

You can also use our TV Anywhere app (Available on both iOS and Android) as a remote control should your TiVo® be connected via Ethernet to your internet connection. Why not check out our short little video discussing the TV Anywhere app.

I hope this helps you out. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Bartop
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Glo Remote

Hi Huw, thanks for the response. From what I have managed to find out it would appear the Glo remote doesn't work with UK Tivo boxed as they have different IR commands. The main reason for wanting one is purely the backlit key function. I understand the Slide remote with keyboard does work though so maybe I'll try and get one of those.

I do use the Anywhere app but don't always want to have to use my phone or tablet.

Many Thanks

Peter

0 Kudos