Menu
Pf4
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Controls nightmare

Recently changed from an HD Box to the tivo box....whereas before the controls were easy for recording and navigating the menu the tivo controls is driving us All crazy.....very time consuming, slow and confusing......so bad the wife wants to switch to sky.....cannot believe that from such an easy operation for the HD box they can make something so bloody user unfriendly!!!

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Controls nightmare

0 Kudos
Onna-Bugeisha
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have had a Tivo for some time.  It has been faulty one way or another prior to the software update with various slow or wrong response issues.  I now have corrupted recordings that pixelate, go into pause/run jerky mode etc.

Notwithstanding any of that, the current software issues are in reality Virgin doing the equivalent of trying to upgrade Windows 95 on an old PC to Windows 10.  The Technology is simply not up to the Job - the CPU is clearly too slow, there is no longer sufficient Ram and more.  For the record, I am an older lady that has forgotten more about computing tech than most of the Virgin Help line will ever know...can any of them build and understand a computer?.. and after all, a Tivo is simply another computer with a specific purpose.

With the very recent Price increase, like many I feel that I'm paying for a service that is seriously falling very short and is simply no longer worth the money.

As a long term customer I will be asking for my Box to be changed to the new version when it arrives and furthermore I will expect NOT to be charged any extra.

Simply............Out There!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Onna_Bugeisha

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately, I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the line from our end for you.

We're not detecting issues with the incoming or outgoing signal but I can see a few errors have been logged with the hard drive, as you've also mentioned that you're experiencing an issue with your recording sometimes I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos