Menu
DavidFMoore
Tuning in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Clicking Sound

Had my Tivo quite a few weeks now and it's been totally silent, but the last few days it's started to make a clicking/tapping sound all i can describe it as it like water dripping onto a conservatory roof when it's just starting to rain....Driving me nuts!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Cheryl_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Clicking Sound

Hi DavidFMoore,

Please refer to the private message I will send you in a moment.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
0 Kudos
derky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo occasionally makes a clicking noise too, it sounds like the noise a hard drives make when they are about to fail.  It did it on the day it was installed, which was around 7 weeks ago, and a few times shortly after that, but it seems to have done it a fair few times over the past few days.  Do I have a dodgy drive?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Darren_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

derky,

I have checked your TiVo STb from here and hard disc status is giving no errors. Unless you start receiving errors then I cannot see any reason why you the drive is dodgy. I would suggest monitoring for now.

Cheers

Darren E

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Could be defragmenting itself, I heard it while turning my ps3 on when I was really close to it,
0 Kudos
Brava210
Dialled in
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

MIne makes a very loud ticking all the time, although it does go silent for a minute now and then

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Robert_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bravo210,

Due to technical issues I'm unable to check the status of the Tivo just now.

Please monitor for 24 hrs and then post back if the drive continues to make the noise.

Thanks

Robert Ward

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Mines been making a ticking noise, but found putting foam pads under the feet seems to have stopped the noise.
It may still be making the noise, but I'm wondering if the TV stand was amplifiying the sound.
0 Kudos
derky
Tuning in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for checking Darren, I shall keep an eye, well ear, on it.

0 Kudos
Brava210
Dialled in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

So, should the Tivo be totaaly silent, or should it make this constant ticking noise ?

0 Kudos