Menu
smuggy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Boxswap

Hi. I've just booked in a date for my V+ box to be swapped to a Tivo box but I actually have two V+ boxes. Will this automatically be picked up and two boxes delivered? Also, the small print says if you have more than one box, they will be installed for you. Again, will this be picked up?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Boxswap

Just to add to the above, I believe the site itself will pick up whether you need both V+ HD boxes swapped or not, and then arrange this as appropriate.

Remember the emails going out are only about the older V+ HD box. If your other V+ HD box is the newer Samsung V+ HD, then this won't be swapped.

If you are having a box swapped via self install, I'd also think you won't get any returns information, as it's not a box Virgin Media want back. Instead it will advise you to take the box to your local recycling centre.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you only arranged for one box to be swapped, you will have that one box delivered, & packing to return the old one. If you have arranged for both to be changed, this will be done by an engineer, as TiVO boxes are now cardless, & only one can be changed at a time on the system.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just to add to the above, I believe the site itself will pick up whether you need both V+ HD boxes swapped or not, and then arrange this as appropriate.

Remember the emails going out are only about the older V+ HD box. If your other V+ HD box is the newer Samsung V+ HD, then this won't be swapped.

If you are having a box swapped via self install, I'd also think you won't get any returns information, as it's not a box Virgin Media want back. Instead it will advise you to take the box to your local recycling centre.

0 Kudos
smuggy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben. Both boxes are of the old variety and there was no option to make more than one selection, so I hope it is automatic!

0 Kudos
molipa
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have a Tivo as my main box & a Telewest TV drive box as my secondary box. I don't currently subscribe to Sky sports & Movies but did until very recently will Virgin swap out my old box for a Tivo free of charge ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Only people currently subscribing to Sky Movies &/or Sky Sports in HD are having their SA V+ boxes swapped for TiVO at present.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
maxx2rik
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

After Tivo Boxswap do I have to reset all my recording options and will I lose saved programmes from original Tivo?

BenMcr wrote:

BenMcr wrote:

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

maxx2rik wrote:

After Tivo Boxswap do I have to reset all my recording options and will I lose saved programmes from original Tivo?

If you're swapping from a V+ HD box to TiVo, then yes you'll have to start again. Recordings aren't transferred between any physical box (even a V+ box was being replaced by another V+ box), and there is no way of transferring existing series data from a V+ box to TiVo

0 Kudos
smuggy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

To confirm Ben was right. I've received an email today confirming that as I have two boxes, a technician will come and install both boxes. Only downside is that this will be on a different day from the one I chose which means I now have to change my day off in work. Some people may not have as understanding bosses.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Single box swaps can still be done self-install. Issues only arise when you need to swap two boxes at the same time for TiVO's.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos