Menu
johnboy1948
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box

I have had to change my Tivo box because my exsisting one just packed in and it couldnt recieve a signal . Now the box I have is what I believe to be the small one , meaning it will record up to 250 hours of programmes , now I thought there was another Tivo box that could record 500 + programmes . so I asked the agent rather than send me out the same box I would prefer the bigger box even if it cost me extra  ,I was told virgin had stopped using this box , i took it the agent new what he was talking about and excepted it . Yesterday at work a colleague told me he also had a Tivo box that had packed in , only last November , so they sent him out a new box and as a goodwill gesture said they would scrap an extra charge and send him out the bigger box . So I am annoyed and confused with Virgin , i really wish they would sing from the same hymn sheet , the only thing stopping me from leaving them is my broadband .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box

Since your colleague had his box changed, Virgin Media have launched the V6 box. This is now their 1TB higher capacity box but comes with additional costs as it's an upgrade from the existing TiVo boxes.

The older existing TiVo 1TB box can't be now requested, although anyone who already has an older 1TB TiVo will continue to be supported by Virgin Media.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
johnboy1948
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I hear what your saying but it obvious Virgin have these boxes in stock to maintain a service and support those exsisting customers who have the 1 TB box , but remember a month ago when my colleague recieved his new box he had the same box as me , but Virgin saw fit to upgrade his box even without charge . My arguement is what is good for one customer should be for all , or is it a postcode lottery dependent on which agent or call centre you are directed to . I would also add I have been with Virgin since the days of NTL , my colleague has been with them 17 months , perhaps its time that I moved on to a new supplier .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The situation may well have been the same for you if you had called in November, and would definitely be the same for your colleague if they phoned now as you've experienced.

The 1TB version of the older TiVo boxes are now only be available for fault replacements for existing installed older 1TB boxes.

If anyone now wants a 1TB box that doesn't already have one then it's the V6, and that is an upgrade with associated costs.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
johnboy1948
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks you for your imput its appreciated , we have decided to test your theory that nobody can get the 1 TB box other than those customers who fit the criteria you described , and  by the way Ben I was wrong about the date Andrew  was given the box it was in a call he made to Virgin on 9th December and an engineer fitted it it on the 15th December so we are only talking about two working weeks but its more than possible that policy was changed in that time , we will see .

0 Kudos