Menu
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box

Can someone give advice please as my Tivo Box is constantly freezing and then it shudders forward until it resumes normal play it's more so when you pause a programme, any answers or solutions please ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box

Hello Colinalbert,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your TiVo® box.

I have been able to locate your account and I can see a technician has already been booked so please let me know how you get on or if you require any further help after your visit.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the support I'm having to wait until Monday 10th October whilst still having problems with pixalation and freezing spoiling any viewing. Wish the new Tivo V6 was available i would jump at the chance to upgrade for a superior viewing experience
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Colinalbert wrote:
Thanks for the support I'm having to wait until Monday 10th October whilst still having problems with pixalation and freezing spoiling any viewing. Wish the new Tivo V6 was available i would jump at the chance to upgrade for a superior viewing experience

Careful what you wish for. Depending on what is the real cause of your particular problem then there is every possibility that the V6 will also be affected.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes bit I'm reasonably sure it's a hard drive issue as it is mostly on paused and recorded programmes, my smaller box in my bedroom is a okay so i end up in there watching without the pixalation and freezing ruining the programme
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Colinalbert wrote:
Yes bit I'm reasonably sure it's a hard drive issue as it is mostly on paused and recorded programmes, my smaller box in my bedroom is a okay so i end up in there watching without the pixalation and freezing ruining the programme

Exactly the same symptoms as mine but that does not neccessarily mean that it is as simple as that. Simple way to check is if, once the pixellation/freezing finishes,can you rewind and then the affected part plays correctly?

The forum team should be asking you questions like this but they are sticking their heads in the sand.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Possibly i take on board your help i find it still does it after rewinding etc also it will completely shut itself down then do a start up procedure which as you know takes an age plus anything being recorded is lost or a least interrupted
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Colinalbert wrote:
Possibly i take on board your help i find it still does it after rewinding etc also it will completely shut itself down then do a start up procedure which as you know takes an age plus anything being recorded is lost or a least interrupted

Fair enough, it does sound like a different issue. I  just wish that that a bit more diagnosis was put in to resolving problems.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colinalbert

Just checking in to see how the appointment went yesterday?

We'll be here if you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

New box supplied engineer went thought all was well until the evening and then the same issues are still happening completely p_____ off now don't know where to go next ?
0 Kudos