Menu
johnny400
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box

Hi, I have just come from SKY and I am looking to understand how to tell if I have watched a recorded program. I just record series links and then when I get a minute I watch them SKY would tell me if it was watched so I knew where I was up to. I know it must be somewhere but I can't tell if I have watched a program or not....does anyone have any ideas how to help me...sick of starting something and then realising I have already watched it....

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box

You have to highlight the programme in My Shows press ok then it'll give you a u a list of options 

if it says PLAY you haven't watched it

if it says RESUME PLAYING you're either part way through or at the end of the programme you've watched (with the bit recorded after the programme still there if u see what I mean). It'll also say, next to resume playing FROM BEGINNING 

which does what it says. 

Im afraid that's the only way to work it out. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh. If it say PLAY you may have watched it if you let the recording run to the very end or the programme was clipped and you watched it the end and it stopped automatically because the recording time ran out. 

Sorry. It's not good. 

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can set the options to display a list of partially watched on MyShows  -  press the highighted OPTIONS box in MyShows to select

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
johnny400
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No its not very good. You would think with today's technology a flag on the recording that mentions "you have watched this" is not a big ask...if anyone is like me and doesn't watch Live TV I just watch what I have recorded cause I don't like adverts....If I record a series I now have to make a note in my phone which ones I have watched....The other issue I have is the On Demand service does not load the programme on the TIVO box like SKY did....so again I could download a box set and watch one after the other but I could spread this over several days....again with TIVO...I lose track of what I have watched unless I write it down.....This definitely needs to be improved...does anyone know of any development in this area....I think I will talk to technical support.

0 Kudos