Menu
GTKRob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box will not start

Hi, I can't turn my TiVo box on. I have reset (full switch off and restart) it but it will not start up properly. It's now stuck on 'Starting up...' message. Is there anything I can try without need for an engineer? (Also over the past few months some recordings have been glitching - stopping on playback - Could this be related?)

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Box will not start

Hi GTKRob,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recordings are being disrupted like this and the TiVo® is struggling to reboot.  I will be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have checked your box remotely and the hard drive status does show a lot of errors which will no doubt be causing the pixelated pictures you described.  All other signal issues look fine but we will need to get an engineer out to fix this for you.

I will pop all the details in a private message for you.  Look for the  icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Could be various things but most likely a dying box. You'll need an engineer I'm afraid. Am guessing you also checked all cables in ok? 

0 Kudos
GTKRob
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parrotperson, Oh yes all cables tightly attached. Restarted throughout the day and just the "Starting Up..." messages for the most part. 

Managed to get a few hours TV this afternoon, and then lost it again. Just got the picture back again a moment ago following another full start.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi GTKRob,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recordings are being disrupted like this and the TiVo® is struggling to reboot.  I will be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have checked your box remotely and the hard drive status does show a lot of errors which will no doubt be causing the pixelated pictures you described.  All other signal issues look fine but we will need to get an engineer out to fix this for you.

I will pop all the details in a private message for you.  Look for the  icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stemo
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem but also have no virgin internet! Virgin home phone ok not that I ever use that. How long should it take for an engineer to come usually?
0 Kudos