Menu
joeh2o
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box stuck at 25% "Preparing Channel Information" after several days of restarts

I have rebooted my Tivo many times, and earlier it wasn't getting anywhere (blue lights of death?), but today it has reached "Preparing channel information" and has been stuck at 25% all day. 

No matter how many times I reboot it, it will get back to that screen eventually and be stuck at 25%. 

If you leave it long enough it times out and goes to the home screen or it goes to an error message that says it was unable to prepare channel information. On the home menu you can't do anything - I tried to navigate to the settings menu and it just shows a blank screen. 

Is my Tivo dead? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box stuck at 25% "Preparing Channel Information" after several days of restarts

Hi joeh2o,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you have been having problems with your TiVo®. From what you are describing in your post, it certainly sounds like your TiVo® has well and truly bit the dust. Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing you.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. The test results have just verified what you've advised us, so I'll need to get an engineer out to you to get this sorted.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Speak soon.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box stuck at 25% "Preparing Channel Information" after several days of restarts

Hi joeh2o,

Just checking with you to see if you are still having the issue with your TiVo®, as I haven't heard back from you yet.

Please let me know if the problem is still ongoing so we can get an engineer out to you to get this fixed. Even if everything's working, drop us a line and let us know.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
joeh2o
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back in touch - I've been on holiday for a while but am back now and it's still dead! I'll reply to that PM. Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi joeh2o,

Just checking back with you after the engineer appointment to see if everything's working properly for you now.

The remote testing that I've run to your equipment shows everything looking good.

Please let me know how you're getting on with the service.

Regards.

0 Kudos
joeh2o
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer replaced both boxes and fixed a damaged brick in the wall where the cable enters the house and also sorted the levels at the main trunk box in the street. Perfect service.

Both boxes working properly now. 

Thanks for timely service call and resolution. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi joe2o

Thanks for letting us know about this, I'm glad to hear that the TV service is working as it should at the moment Man Happy

If you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos