Menu
dvenus
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box sound

Hello,

We have two Tivo boxes.

Our Tivo box downstairs has stopped giving us sound, we get a picture and what we recorded is correct just no sound, we do get sound when watching programs off the Tivo.

Our second Tivo box upstairs, occasionally when we turn our tv on we get no sound, it only comes back if I change the AV input to another source and then back to Tivo again.

We have had both boxes for several years.

Dave

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box sound

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the sound on both your TiVo® boxes. 

Just to get a better understanding of what's going on, how are you connecting your TiVo® to your TV? 

Are you using any other equipment such as a Sound bar or Surround System?

Make sure there are no loose cables in the back of the TiVo®.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They are faults installed in a recent upgrade. Different boxes have different symptoms and all result in loss of audio either via. optical or hdmi. Not really much point in messing around with cables.

This is one of the bigger threads on the subject:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/No-sound-on-recordings-and-after-pausing-or-rewinding-tv/td...

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You don't know that - they have not said yet whether they're using optical audio out to an amp.

0 Kudos
dvenus
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK Just to reply to all three comments on my post and thank you for your time.

My Systems. and there is nothing wrong with the wiring.

Downstairs is an optical cable going to a sound bar, now before I get told as the virgin call centre told me that they don't work correctly with sound bars. I have had this setup for over seven years and was actually set up by a virgin installer after leaving sky, up to about two months ago it worked perfectly fine even with Dolby and surround sound, then I get an update and it no longer works properly and I have problems of things recording with no sound or I have to change channels to get any sound and on top of that the box has slowed down to a snails pace, even after turning off and powering down. An upgrade should improve not make a system worse.

Upstairs my tivo box is link direct to my tv via HDMI and sometimes when I turn on I have no sound and I have to change the TV over to another AV source and back to get sound. Again I have had it for seven years with no problems until several months ago.

The only common denominator between them both is the Virgin Tivo box. Add that to the problem of speed with my Broadband, maybe time to move on I think.

0 Kudos