Menu
Davebristol
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box sooooo slow after software update

Since the software update my TiVo is painfully slow. Pressing play to view a recorded program takes 30 seconds for it to start playing. 

Pressing the EPG button, it will take 30 seconds for the menu to appear on screen  

I have become very close friends with the on screen spinning wheel! 

Come on Virgin sort it out before you force me to go to Sky 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box sooooo slow after software update

Hi Davebristol,

Thank you for taking the time to write into the Community again, welcome back Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to read about the recent slowness in the TiVo. I would like to ask if you've been able to connect to the network through the TiVo since?:-

1. Press Home on your TiVo remote
  2. Select Help & Settings.
  3. Choose Settings.
  4. Select Network.
  5. Choose Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

Keep in touch and all the best Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
pilsbury10
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, MY tivo too is soooo slow since the update, as well as picture issues, sound issues and low signal - only over the last 2 months or so......so what changed to make it go so bad???

Contstantley get the spinning wheel, every push of the button on the remote takes ages to actually work.

The new serieslink+ is very confusing - I just want to record the program I have selected on the channel I have selected, not bothered about the streaming options. A simple reminder option would have been useful.

I have had picture and sound problems on live tv and recorded programs for a good few MONTHS now. 3 telephone calls to call centre people I cannot understand, 2 engineer visits, a replaced tivo box and still issues not resolved. To top it all the latest update has made the whole tivo experience not worth the very expensive monthly cost and just another piece of overpriced virginmedia junk. I think it has made my mind up for me and is time to get rid.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey pilsbury10

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems with your TiVo box at the moment. I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you.

We're seeing no problems being detected from our end at the moment, are you experiencing this issue at certain times of the day at all?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

aud1950
Settling in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem. I have tried to connect to the network as suggested but after 5 minutes it's still "loading info". What now. It's driving me insane. Was perfect before the update. 

0 Kudos
Davebristol
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I posted the problems since the recent software update on Twitter.

It would appear judging by the replies every VM Tivo is experiencing the same.

VM are blowing smoke up everyone's asses. The network is overloaded and can't handle the traffic. Then this morning I receive a letter saying that my package is increasing by £3.50 a month in October. 

My Tivo is so slow it may take anything up to 20 seconds to respond to a command. My mates Sky+ box is pretty much instant. 

**Shakes Fist**

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MrSoton
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I love those letters!!  I always welcome the opportunity to renegotiate my contract.. 

**Rubbing my hands together**

Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Davebristol wrote:

I posted the problems since the recent software update on Twitter.

It would appear judging by the replies every VM Tivo is experiencing the same.

VM are blowing smoke up everyone's asses. The network is overloaded and can't handle the traffic. Then this morning I receive a letter saying that my package is increasing by £3.50 a month in October. 

My Tivo is so slow it may take anything up to 20 seconds to respond to a command. My mates Sky+ box is pretty much instant. 

**Shakes Fist**

Perfect, won't have to argue about it not being fit for purpose after the awful update, with the horrendous mess not being able to choose channels for series links anymore and reliance on inadequate for the purpose guide data (missing episode information all over the place) , removal of Spotify, removal of blue button making even the most widely used screen far too convoluted, failure to fix existing bugs and the dreadful performance issues. Clearly they are not content to change people £200 plus £15 a month extra for the 2017 "cheap box", that they have to get in another huge hike beforehand. What on earth did they give as their excuse this month?

marsboy
Up to speed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There is another price hike coming??? Is this just a general TV one, or sky premium?? 

Think thats me gone from virgin - 3 years of slow, painful, "spinny wheel" service and all I get is a yearly increment! 

0 Kudos
Davebristol
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

I do that on a daily basis. It's still soooooo slow. Pressing play on a recording takes 15 seconds for it to start, in the meantime the live picture in picture (top right) goes blank. 

All Tivo users on Twitter are experiencing the same problem, you really need to sort out your software, it's shocking. The old V+ box was super slow Tivo makes it look quick! 

Tags (1)