Menu
Tankerman
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box slow

Joined a couple of weeks ago. Tivo box takes 5 minutes to start before we can watch tv, anybody have same issue or advice.

Cheers

0 Kudos
k-b-9
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box slow

If its powering on that's just the tivo box in general always takes a while to turn on
Virgin Media Customer Care Advisor
0 Kudos
sharrattm
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After the slow startup it speeds up, it  only takes 5-30 seconds to respond to the remote and menu choices, and if you load an app it automatically gives you plenty of time to get a nice cup of tea whilst it's loading and will cleverly wait until you return before it completely loads to ensure you don't miss anything. ..Smiley Very Happy

Tags (1)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tankerman,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'd like to help check this out with you if that's ok?

Is the TiVo® powered off overnight?  Or is it from standby mode that it is taking a while to get going?

If it is due to being powered off over night it will take a while to load up as it will be processing updates that were send in the wee small hours.  

Ideally the TiVo® does need to be powered on at all times to run more efficiently.  If you do have any energy saving concerns, check out this help page: Standby settings for a more energy efficient TiVo box

If it's the case the box is in standby, let me know and I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos