Menu
JanT27
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box not working

My Tivo box is not working, all the lights on the front are lit.  I left it off overnight and still not working.  Have phoned Virgin only to be told it will be a week before an engineer can come.  What appalling service.  Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be.  If I do not get an engineer by early next week I will be cancelling my contract.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box not working

Your box has probably died. If your washing machine or cooker or any piece of tech broke down you'd no doubt wait a week for an engineer. If you go to sky (and who could blame you - not for this but because TiVo is old, slow and not fit for purpose) then if the box breaks you have to pay for it as you will own it. With virgin at least they own the box so repairs/replacements are free.  If you cancel whilst still in contract you'll have to pay the cancellation fee 

0 Kudos
JanT27
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin is not the cheapest provider, there's not much point in paying extra if you don't get good service.  A week is far too long, and what is the betting that when the engineer arrives he will say I need a new box and that will take so many days for delivery and installation.  They've only just put the prices up, I was considering going elsewhere anyway so am checking out packages from other companies.  Any recommendations :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello JanT27,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your TiVo® box and I would like to welcome you back to the community.

I have been able to locate your account to run a couple of checks and this would need a technician, unfortunately this is still the earliest appointment but I will keep checking to see if earlier appointments become available.

If the technician does need to swap the box then he will be able to do this instantly for you as they have new boxes in the van.

Apologies again for any inconvenience this has caused and I will be in touch if I'm able to bring the appointment forward.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JanT27
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Rose but I wasn't holding my breath :-)

0 Kudos