Menu
pepperpot1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box not registering IP Address

Hi There,

We had a second Tivo box installed on Friday, and it would not register for the engineer (it fails while trying to resolve IP address). He said it was a problem at Virgin (not with the install) and told us ring Virgin if still not working in 24hrs.

We rang yesterday, and call center said it needed an Engineer and booked one for Monday.

Having read some other posts on here it seems that it may not need an engineer visit, and if it is possible to sort out remotely it would mean I don't need to take a days Holiday tomorrow to wait for an engineer.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Helen

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box not registering IP Address

many thanks helen can i sugest that the forum team on here can handle this because there experts and there a good team they will tell what is wrong and how to solve it im only a helper for community virgin forum /customer jonni
pepperpot1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box not registering IP Address

HiJonni,

Thanks for your reply.

Pretty poor response from Virgin - Had a 8-1 slot for an Engineer today; I rang just after 12 to be told that "someone" had cancelled the call-out, but when asked who she said she couldn't tell us (it certainly wasn't me!).

Now I have had to book another Engineer slot, and I can't have any more time off work this week so it's another week to wait.

What makes it so frustrating is that Virgin have replied to some similar problems on here, and they managed to sort the problem from their end!

Very bad customer service from Virgin.

Thanks

Helen

0 Kudos