Menu
qazwsx27
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box chronically slow

Last few weeks has seen our box get progressively slower to the point of almost being unusable. Black screens, error messages, and repeated daisywheel spinning. Realise many others experiencing the same, is there any fix on this from VM ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box chronically slow

Hi qazwsx27,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post and apologies to hear your TiVo® is running slow.

The first thing to try is giving it a reboot to see if this helps. Also, go through your recorded content and remove anything that you no longer want on there. Has this made any difference?

Finally, try this key sequence: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up!

The TiVo® stores data that it uses fairly often in the cache so it can be called upon quickly. This sequence clears the cache and by doing this you remove all the background data freeing up some of the TiVo®'s memory.

Give these actions a try and come back and let us know how things go as we're here to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
qazwsx27
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried all that - no noticeable change on speed. What's next ?
0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath,  I would like to you to answer why just pick one user that  is having the same problems as us , yet the majority of others questions get ignored ??.

Stop being patronising with this thumbs up and down, we are not doing VM work for them. In future why don`t you just refer them to the link about the upgrade  was faulty (posted by yourselves last friday ). 

I expect your reply but won`t hold out for anything.

0 Kudos
qazwsx27
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How long before i can expect a response ? Four weeks and counting

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Qazwsx27,

Thank you for your message, my apologies for the late reply, as we work in date order the new posts added to this thread can place you further back in the queue.

I am sorry that the TiVo is still being slow, this is something we're looking to resolve. I can see that Kath has given you the information you can use found here.

I have been into the account and can see no signal issues that may attribute to your slowness currently and no outages, which is good news.

We will continue to answer anything you ask and if you need anything let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos