Menu
reub777
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box Swap

Just received notice from Virgin that they want to swap my old v+ box. I forgot I had it, it was in my loft. ( I have a Tivo box in my lounge)....Could I set the new Tivo box up to run on my laptop ? If so how ???

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Box Swap

Each Tivo will need its own cable connection to supply the service - and your account will need to be setup to allow two boxes on it (or so I believe).

The output will be from HDMI (or Scart if you really must(!))

So assuming that you have got a second cable connection already, the Tivo is installed on that, you put an HDMI connection from there into your laptop (assuming that it has an HDMI input) and that's about it. (or you can probably buy a suitable HDMI/USB adaptor)

However, you say that the V+ is in your loft and been forgotten, so I suspect that you haven't got a second cable setup for a second box anywhere, nor has your account been setup for an additional box - you will probably have been billed for a second box if it has.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.

All Replies
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Box Swap

Each Tivo will need its own cable connection to supply the service - and your account will need to be setup to allow two boxes on it (or so I believe).

The output will be from HDMI (or Scart if you really must(!))

So assuming that you have got a second cable connection already, the Tivo is installed on that, you put an HDMI connection from there into your laptop (assuming that it has an HDMI input) and that's about it. (or you can probably buy a suitable HDMI/USB adaptor)

However, you say that the V+ is in your loft and been forgotten, so I suspect that you haven't got a second cable setup for a second box anywhere, nor has your account been setup for an additional box - you will probably have been billed for a second box if it has.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.