Menu
speedway59
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box Swap

Great had the Box Swap - self install

Couple of snags but after a couple of hours it was up and running - no complaints.

What do with the old V+ - No return information just a small sticker about recycling.

Is that it down to the community dumps electrical bin with it ?

Just concerned I don't suddenly get a Non Return Charge.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Box Swap

No need to return it to Virgin. The whole reason for the SA V+ being swapped is that its now obselete. Take it to the local recycling.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No need to return it to Virgin. The whole reason for the SA V+ being swapped is that its now obselete. Take it to the local recycling.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

MasterDabber
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just had my old V+ Box (Scientific Atlantic) replaced with Tivo under the "Box Swap on us" programme. There is no information provided to return the old V+ box and I am presuming that the old box can be scrapped by me. However, I had an online chat with Virgin yesterday and after a lot of uncertainty I was told that Virgin would send me a "bag" to return it.

So, now confused as to what the true position is. Do I have to return it or can I scrap it? I don't want to scrap it then have Virgin charge me for not returning it.

I've not used this forum before so can I get an official position from Virgin here? If not, any suggestions on how to get an official answer?

0 Kudos
john113
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To be quite honest I would have preferred to keep the V+ instead of using Tivo, ok I would lose the ability to record 3 channels but with the V+ I could pre-program channel changes for the evening and let the box change at the appropriate time [ and the handset was easier]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

MasterDabber wrote:

Just had my old V+ Box (Scientific Atlantic) replaced with Tivo under the "Box Swap on us" programme. There is no information provided to return the old V+ box and I am presuming that the old box can be scrapped by me. However, I had an online chat with Virgin yesterday and after a lot of uncertainty I was told that Virgin would send me a "bag" to return it.

So, now confused as to what the true position is. Do I have to return it or can I scrap it? I don't want to scrap it then have Virgin charge me for not returning it.

I've not used this forum before so can I get an official position from Virgin here? If not, any suggestions on how to get an official answer?

The SA V+, along with the old standard V boxes & the Superhub V1 do not need to be returned now, & can be taken to recycling. You have the option to return them to Virgin & they will dispose of them for you if you wish, but there are no penalty charges imposed for non return of these items as they are now obselete.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

john113 wrote:

To be quite honest I would have preferred to keep the V+ instead of using Tivo, ok I would lose the ability to record 3 channels but with the V+ I could pre-program channel changes for the evening and let the box change at the appropriate time [ and the handset was easier]

& you would have also lost all your HD channels as they are progressively migrated to MPEG4 compression standards, which the SA V+ cannot handle.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos