Menu
helbels
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box - General issues including playback stuttering while recording

Hi there

We are having problems with our Tivo box.  The most irritating one is that f we have started recording a programme (for example the F1 grand prix) but then begin to watch the same programme from the beginning while the recording continues in the background, the playback stutters and pauses really badly.

To add to the joy, for the past 2 days we've had no information available in the programme guide.  We've also had a message saying that the box has less than 3 days programme information left and to connect to the network.  I have tried doing two restarts and a manual network connection, but it has taken 6 hours to get to 5% point.   I called Virgin Media this morning about this and they said not to worry about it, and it would probably sort it ourself out overnight....

We had an engineer out two weeks ago, because at the point our playback was even worse than it is now.  He tested the box and said he couldn't find any faults and blamed it on general issues with Virgin Media nationally (?!)   Weirdly though, for a week or so after he visited, the playback issues seemed to improve.

Not sure what to do now, but pretty unimpressed with the general level of service we're getting right now.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box - General issues including playback stuttering while recording

This drives me nutty! The engineer should have sorted this out for you. It's probably either a signal issue or your box hard drive is going. It might be over utilisation on your part of the network   ( it's worth checking the VM website for problems in your area)

book another engineer. If your signals are ok and he thinks the network is OK get a new box. 

0 Kudos
helbels
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I did check the Service Status page today and it's showing no faults on the network.

Interestingly, when I called 150 today, about the slowness of the network connection, they said that "it's probably due to high usage in your area" which kind of chimes with your reply.

It's so annoying if I end up having to book another engineer as I work 2 hours away and basically end up having to book a day off to wait in for him!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi helbels,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for the disruption you've experienced so far with the TiVo®.  I wanted to pop by and see how things are today?

If you're still having any issues, please let me know and I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos