Menu
Carrot-Karen
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box Auto Deleting saved programes

Hello

Our Tivo box is about 5 years old over the years it has deleted various saved programs but its getting worse

It started initially once the box was at 80% now when the box is at 76% it deletes thing reducing the number of % to about 45%

Thinking about going else where for a cheaper service Sky have offered us a lot more than you for half the price

Is there an updated Tivo box if so how do I obtain and is there any discounts available for being a long standing customer

we have turned it off at the plug and also followed other directions found on line to reset the box no effect

very frustrated!!! paying good money and not getting the service

0 Kudos
coremedia
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box Auto Deleting saved programes

You don't say what your settings are so I will assume this could be your problem. Check the recording settings to make sure they are set to save until you delete. This is not the typical default, I think by default it saves until space is required. You can change the recording settings for your tivo box default or you can change the settings on a recording basis. The settings are changeable when you originally set the recording or you can select the manage recording options & change them in there. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Carrot-Karen
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thank you - yes we do set to do not delete until I delete

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ironically, setting lots of programs to "Keep until I delete" seems to cause a bug where the TiVo randomly deletes large numbers of programs, which seems to be what you're seeing. You're actually better off leaving the programs as keep until space needed, as the TiVo should then only delete them if it actually needs to.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tavis75 wrote:

Ironically, setting lots of programs to "Keep until I delete" seems to cause a bug where the TiVo randomly deletes large numbers of programs, which seems to be what you're seeing. You're actually better off leaving the programs as keep until space needed, as the TiVo should then only delete them if it actually needs to.

Although there does seem to be various different experiences. I have most of my programmes set to KUID and still have some from a couple of years ago and yet I have never experienced these random deletions. My usage is usually in the 70% range and occasionally strays in to the 80s.

I suggested a long time ago that VM should carry out a survey to try and work out a pattern for those who experience this issue and also survey people like me who don't to try and make a comparison. But nothing seems to happen.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos