Menu
fidds
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Bolt...

Now that Sky has announced SkyQ 4k whats the chances of Virgin Media rolling out the new Tivo Bolt 4k box?

fidds

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Bolt...

I would suppose it depends when broadcaster announce 4k channels, without that it's pointless

Sky will be doing sports and movies at first and I doubt they'll share those

0 Kudos
lividihard
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ah but Netflix is now available with 4k content which we cant access via Tivo just now, BT sports are also launching 4k which I am sure they will share more readily than Sky will

For me VirginMedia are now behind the other players in the field with more and more 4k TV's on the market and this being the direction things are moving in, we need to see something from them

I am 90% of the way to convincing the wife we need a new TV, a new Tivo box would close the deal for me

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm not so bothered about the 4K but look at all the other features it's got. Watching recorded programs on your tablet is something I've wanted for ages. And to be able to download them to watch at leisure. 

http://ow.ly/UNGUQ   Interesting article that give a lot of detail

VM are definitely being left behind here. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

lividihard wrote:

ah but Netflix is now available with 4k content which we cant access via Tivo just now, BT sports are also launching 4k which I am sure they will share more readily than Sky will

For me VirginMedia are now behind the other players in the field with more and more 4k TV's on the market and this being the direction things are moving in, we need to see something from them

I am 90% of the way to convincing the wife we need a new TV, a new Tivo box would close the deal for me

Netflix will be installed on smart TV's as an app, no real need for a STB for this, As for the flood of 4k TV's most of the ones sold to so far will be out of date and non complaint with the new HDR standards by next year when they're fully implimented

https://www.avforums.com/article/top-10-features-your-next-tv-must-have.12027

0 Kudos
fidds
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
PriestyUK
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Zzzzzzzzz Come on Virgin pull your finger out and give us something to look forward to for the rest of 2016, i'm fed up with my 80's sluggish Tivo we need something new, future proof, fast and something to take pride of place in anyone's home setup!

Kind regards

PriestyUK

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PUKE white same the horrid buggy SuperHub 3, what are Apple, sorry I mean Virgin playing at?

0 Kudos