Menu
Mekiz79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Audio cut outs

Hello,

I'm experiencing problems with my Tivo service and I am trying to establish what is causing the fault. 

I have a Samsung TV (ue55ju6800) and home cinema (ht-j7750w), both have been brought within last 3-4 months. It is all connected up correctly and I have tried every single cable configuration possible as well as tinkering with all possible audio settings combinations on the devices. From reading on the Samsung website it states that sound cut out errors can be related to weak signal so I thought I would ask here.

I keep getting  cut outs that occur frequently, only happens for a second at a time but it is very annoying. I have run out of ideas, my next step after this is to get a Samsung engineer out but I want to check here first before getting them out. The reason I think it is the Tivo box is because I don't get any audio drop outs on my PS4 which is connected in the same way as the Tivo box.

I might add that my Tivo box was replaced recently for a separate issue so it's also a new (samsung) tivo box. The old Tivo box had the same issue with regards to the sound cut outs. Also the HDMI cables are all new and have been replaced recently.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance

Mekiz79
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Audio cut outs

Anyone?

Just to add a small update, this audio cut out seems to cut out more during the day time than at night.

0 Kudos
Mekiz79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've uploaded a video I just recorded during an advert break on channel 5 to show how annoying this issue is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZmOu8kFXyk happens after 7-8 seconds of the video.

0 Kudos
Mekiz79
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If someone from VM doesn't reply to this post by 1300 hours tomorrow I will be cancelling my account and moving to Sky TV. Disgusted by the lack of response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mekiz79,

Thank you for coming back and commenting here, I'm very sorry that someone hasn't been back in touch sooner.

I'm no expert on Panasonic TV's, however I know quite a bit on TiVo Smiley Happy I can see you've tried many methods for testing on the TV, thank you for trying those. I was able to test the TiVo and what you have read regarding the signal has some weight to it. Looks like one of the tuners signal levels are working out of the range we would like, (with there being three tuners this would certainly explain why it's now and then).

I would like to help by sending out an engineer to come take a look at this before you decide to call out Panasonic, which might save you some money no doubt. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos