Menu
BlackCelica
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Activation (or not)

Like another poster I am also having trouble trying to activate a Tivo self install replacing a V+ in the bedroom, it times out on check 3 config IP connection. Been trying since yesterday and after 2 phone calls still no joy, I have been told there is a fault in the activation process and they both said give it a few hours and try again well the first time I eventually left it overnight...no joy. Rang again and they said sorting the activation fault and to try again in a few hours, well I have and same time out error 7011. 

0 Kudos
Vedder10
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Activation (or not)

Hi. I'm having the same problem. Received my new TiVo box today and stuck with same error message. Called up for help and told to keep trying and call back tomorrow if not fixed. Not good enough. Was hoping to watch the footie tonight

0 Kudos
bristoldc
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Same story here.  Received Tivo box, activated by phone, stuck at IP Configuration. Phone call to VM, told it would not be fixed until tomorrow. I asked why the auto activation message has not been changed advising the service as down ads I had now lost my V+ service and affectively had no TV. Told 'We're thinking about it' (with what I wonder). I asked to register a formal complaint, and also for a rebate for loss of service, and was told this would be done.

Three hours later I receive a text from VM telling me that the signal has now been sent and Tivo can be activated. When I tried - same problem.

One hour later I receive a phone call from VM in response to formal complaint. Asked why text was sent me and was told 'It's probably an automatic thing'.

It is clear that VM's front line staff are not given the true picture (probably because VM's 'engineers' are floundering about in the dark, and VM obviously do not have a joined up policy of customer care.

The ironic twist is that I contacted VM to end my contract earlier this week (fed up with daily texts about my email account being infiltrated with spam), and was convinced to stay with a revised tariff and a Tivo box!! Perhaps I'll go for breach of contract!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there BlackCelica,

Thank you for coming in and posting regarding the new install on the TiVo, my apologies it's not been as smooth as we'd have liked for you. 

I have had a chance to look into this and I can see this is still showing multiple issues that would be better addressed by sending someone out to you. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos