Menu
sticks81
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo 1TB Recordings pixelated and stutter

For probably the past 3 months (ish), anything recorded on our 1TB Tivo, will at somepoint pixelate, stutter and lose sound for a few minutes.

I rang customer service at the begining of December, and was fobbed off with something about how it was something to with the network in the local area, and will be fixed 'next week'. This was despite telling them it was only playing things back from the HDD, not streaming.

Needless to say its still doing it. I've heard its most likely the HDD on the way out?

New box needed?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo 1TB Recordings pixelated and stutter

Yup, something offshore should have spotted from the outset. Give them another ring.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sticks81 wrote:

For probably the past 3 months (ish), anything recorded on our 1TB Tivo, will at somepoint pixelate, stutter and lose sound for a few minutes.

I rang customer service at the begining of December, and was fobbed off with something about how it was something to with the network in the local area, and will be fixed 'next week'. This was despite telling them it was only playing things back from the HDD, not streaming.

Needless to say its still doing it. I've heard its most likely the HDD on the way out?

New box needed?

Since it is on recordings only, once the problem finishes are you able to rewind and play the same part again without any interference?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
sticks81
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've had that work. But not always. Sometimes it will work if I stop the playback, and go back through the menus, then got back and play it again. But then it will do it a another point.

I think it a problem reading the recording from the HDD, it's not happening when it's actually being recorded.
0 Kudos
ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have to say we have experienced identical problems as yourself. This has continued since around Sept 2016. We have accommodated VM tecnicians (3 in fact over a period of time) a new box, a new remote (not that that in my wildest imagination could have resolved anything) even a separate supply to isolate broadband and phone signals, repeated visits to the cabinet, you name it we've had it tried all to no avail. 

We had a V+ box before with no issues. Our neighbours have a V6 box and experience no such problems whatsoever. We were forced to concluded the TiVo box is no longer fit for purpose. We no longer pay for it. 

We asked for the V+ box back but they are no longer available. We were told we could have a V6 box discounted provided we upgraded our service. No thanks! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sticks81,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Speak soon! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos