Menu
bill007
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivio Full House a joke.

TiVo box stops working for no reason every so often, takes forever to reboot IE 15+ minutes, (wish I was back with SKY), the on demand including U Tube is slow beyond belief at times (when it works), and catch like BBC i Player sometimes works, again a long wait, it really is not the best way to watch TV. The broadband buffers every so often, maybe that's the problem so much for 100mb fibre speed and unlimited broadband when I tried to lower the TV package I find I cant do it without getting trapped into another 12 months of poor service, it's lucky I have Freeview as it's I player works , and better U Tube too on it the kids gave up on Tivio as far as watching U Tube videos on it are concerned. I'm seriously considering just jacking it in completely, taking the hit on the last few months of the contract IE £46, and switching back to SKY.  

0 Kudos
vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivio Full House a joke.

The old Tivo now performs worse than the even older V+ box. Call 150 "Thinking of Leaving" during office hours and see if you can upgrade to V6? If this is possible it may tie you into a new contract,so be sure it is what you want. To see what others think check the V6 part of the forum and Sky forums.
0 Kudos
bill007
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Seems i will have to depart Virgin as the cost to upgrade is far to high, plus I been reading pretty bad reports on the V6 box, in truth Virgin seem only interested in new customers. Things have not changed with how they treat customers from last time I was with Virgin, as you said the TiVo box is worse than ye old Virgin + box.

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

bill007 wrote:

TiVo box stops working for no reason every so often, takes forever to reboot IE 15+ minutes, (wish I was back with SKY), the on demand including U Tube is slow beyond belief at times (when it works), and catch like BBC i Player sometimes works, again a long wait, it really is not the best way to watch TV. The broadband buffers every so often, maybe that's the problem so much for 100mb fibre speed and unlimited broadband when I tried to lower the TV package I find I cant do it without getting trapped into another 12 months of poor service, it's lucky I have Freeview as it's I player works , and better U Tube too on it the kids gave up on Tivio as far as watching U Tube videos on it are concerned. I'm seriously considering just jacking it in completely, taking the hit on the last few months of the contract IE £46, and switching back to SKY.  

I'd agree that iPlayer on the Tivo really isn't the best way to watch TV. The Tivo has 3 recording tuners, designed to record programs and watch them back anytime. Apps aren't the quickest to load on the Tivo, but you're probably not aware that it has the inbuilt broadband specifically so as to avoid sharing your home connection.

Just be aware that with Sky (as, to be fair, with the V6), the OnDemand uses your home broadband connection. Just something to bear in mind if Sky turns out to be a better option for you.

0 Kudos
bill007
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In truth it dose share the same broadband as it is connected via a tee junction, so t's cable goes to the same main connection from the street, and I was given the sales speech when changing to Virgin, how its TiVio has a separate cable, just noticed after it was installed it's not what it looks like in real life. Recording three shows was a plus over SKY at the time, but now that's old hat, and as I also pointed out even the Broadband is slow at times.

0 Kudos