Menu
salva7ore
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tito box - rambling sound

Hi,

new virgin media user. 

Since day one (4 Nov 2016) the tivo box is constantly rambling on and heard as a constant background noise. This is very distracting taking away the pleasure to watch any programs.

I have hold the device up and still continue to make the sense rambling noise; so to dampen the sound using rubber pads or the like is pointless.

If there is a solution to this I will be happy to give it a go or else I'd have to leave virgin media and try something else like SKY.

Thank you 

Regards,

Sal

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tito box - rambling sound

assuming you mean rumbling noise - it's a noisy hard drive - a swap out may get you a quieter one. AFAIK that is the only moving part in there

it should stop if you put the box on standby ?

turn off record recommendations will also help. the drive can only "rumble" if it is active

0 Kudos
salva7ore
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for the swift response.

Clearly, in standby mode the box is quite.

However, as soon as I turn the tivo box on the ticking rumbly noise begins without stopping until it is put in standby mode again.

Can we arrange for a swap please?

Thank you

Regards,

Sal

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you need to phone it in, or wait up to a week for staff to notice this post

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello salva7ore,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn that you're experiencing issues with your TIVo® box.

I would like to arrange for a technician to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos