Menu
Oscargps9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ticking Tivo

Hi

After years of faithful service my Tivo box gave up the ghost and the hard drive got corrupted. I was sent a new one 4 weeks ago. Set up was fine and it worked ok until last night when it just cycled start up continuously - fixed this morning after calling 150.

My real issue with this new box is the loud ticking noise 10-20 times a day for 2-3 minutes at a time. It is louder than the surround sound. Happens at random times of the day but mostly in the evening when it is most annoying. It is not set to record or anything it just does it. If I'm watching a recording or Netflix when the ticking starts then the picture freezes. I thought it was as it's a new box but it does it every day without fail.     

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Oscargps9
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ticking Tivo

.............and the constant cycling of start up happened again today..........Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oscargps9,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your new box isn't behaving very well.  I can see you have an engineer calling round to check this out for you which is great to see.

It would be super if you could let me know how you get on after the engineer visits Smiley Happy  I'm here to help if you need anything, keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Oscargps9
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The solution..........another replacement box....this one behaves itself.....Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for the update Oscargps9,

I hope all will be ok now for you.  Should you need us for anything don't hesitate to give us a shout.  We're here to help.

Have a lovely week end.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos