Menu
gamezoid99
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tibox is very slow compared to Sky+ box

Recently changed from Sky to Virgin.  Phone calls are fine, Internet speed is okay (similar to slower version of BT Infinity) but Tivo box is much much slower than Sky+ box and also much less 'polished'.

Starting and stopping much slower.

Changing from My Programmes to program guide slow and no a smooth transition (for example).

Sometimes even clicking down the channel lists in the TV guide stops responding for a few seconds and then finally catches up.

Anything involving connecting to the internet also very slow. Once connected, internet speed is fine.

Are there any solutions?  Can I roll back to an older and faster software version, for example.

0 Kudos
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tibox is very slow compared to Sky+ box

Exactly my experience too after switching from Sky. Really hope I haven't made a mistake here! There are some nice options etc, but stunningly poorly delivered.

Frustratingly slow, and far more steps required to undertake the same actions compared to the Sky box. Hope Virgin do something about it soon!

0 Kudos
Bigkev666
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's been like this for a few months now and when the engineer came out yesterday, he said that it may be a while until this is fixed, if ever.

It may be a coincidence, but the new V6 box is due out this month.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

I'm very sorry to learn about your recent experience with the TiVo service.

We're aware of an issue some of our customers are experiencing with slowness on their TiVo service, you can keep up to date with any progress made regarding this issue on [this thread].

Apologies again for the inconvenience you've experienced.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D wrote:

Hi all

I'm very sorry to learn about your recent experience with the TiVo service.

We're aware of an issue some of our customers are experiencing with slowness on their TiVo service, you can keep up to date with any progress made regarding this issue on [this thread].

Apologies again for the inconvenience you've experienced.

Craig

I cannot see any "updates on progress" on the link you sent, just the original acceptance of fault from over 6 weeks ago. Did you send the right link?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi UNKNOWN

There hasn't been an overall update regarding the situation yet, when there's one available that's where you'll find itMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos