Menu
vindi62
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo

When I first signed up to a Virgin Media full package a few years ago my TiVo was fast and reliable, but for a while now it as slowed down ridiculously.  I have been in touch with Virgin by phone a few times and they wiped the TiVo clean and started again, but it still is running ridiculously slow.  When I click onto “My Shows” it takes about 10 seconds before it appears, and when I click on the TV programme it takes 20-25 seconds then the screen goes black for 5 seconds before the programme starts.  Even when jumping from one thing to another it takes about ten seconds to show.  Some times when I click onto something the TiVo seems to freeze and the only way to unfreeze it is to switch it off and back on again.  Do I need a NEW TiVo machine or do I need a technician to have a look at?   This problem is really annoying.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo

Hi vindi62

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately.

We're aware of an issue that's causing  the TiVo box to operate slowly and we're currently working to resolve it. You can keep up to date with the issue by clicking on [this thread].

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused,

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

vindi62
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thank you for that information.  I had a surprise for my 70th birthday on the15th Sept, my Tivo actually worked very good for three days then went back to slowing down again.  Maybe Virgin was working on it then, lets hope they get it fix properly soon.  I would be lost without my TiVo :-( 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Happy belated Birthday vindiMan Happy

Sorry to hear that the service as been up and down for you lately, I really hope this is resolved very soon.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
vindi62
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the birthday greeting Craig, 70 years old and feeling every year :-)    Yes the Tivo is back going slow again, I don't know why it sped up on my birthday though?  You would think Virgin media would have sent emails explaining why the Tivo is going slow, and most importantly when it will be fixed.  I have tried getting in touch with them (takes too long by phone) but can't find an simple email addresss anywhere on their website.  Why can't they have a windows email address where we can add, say, "Tivo problem" in the subject box, that way it goes straight to that department?  The way things are at the moment I'm jumping from page to page trying to find a SIMPLE email address which eventually p****s me off and I just log-off the site annoyed.  Anyway enough of my moaning, thank you for you help...and the birthday greeting. 

0 Kudos
davegooch
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We've been having the same problem for some time now.
I've followed the suggestion to remove all the suggestions, it had a minor effect for a little while but now it's as bad as it ever has been.
Given how much money I donate to Virgin Media every month I don't think the performance is acceptable and to say I should go in and delete the suggestions every few days is frankly ridiculous.
0 Kudos
vindi62
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi davegooch,  Thanks for the email.  Yes it is ridiculous that this problem has been going on for a long time now, and nobody from Virgin office has ever mentioned the reason why things have slowed down.  I have tried to get in touch with them over the phone, but as usaul all I get is the music so I just hang up.

0 Kudos