Menu
nickking
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TiVo wiped 50% of recordings

The day before the EPG update the 1TB TiVo in the front room decided to wipe 50% of the recordings, it's always on the limit due to the amount of garbage TV my wife records, in fact it was on 97%, it now shows 47%.

This happened in the middle of the day and exactly a day before the EPG update.

Can you explain why it would do this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo wiped 50% of recordings

Conscientious rebellion against the garbage?

I assume that none of your series links were limited by number of episodes?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
nickking
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

She's a TiVo expert ;-) and it was set to keep everything, it's deleted random stuff as well not just the oldest.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Keeping everything may well be the issue.

A bug which incidentally might have been fixed in the update.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'll hold you to that!!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

Keeping everything may well be the issue.

A bug which incidentally might have been fixed in the update.

As someone who makes extensive use of KUID and has never seen the "bug" I can only hope that any fix does not have the opposite affect on me Smiley Happy

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
nickking
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

For me it's not that big an issue but it is for the wife, it needed cleaning up in my opinion as it was out of hand.... my only issue is I've now got to source these missing episodes using alternative methods.

0 Kudos
greenwelly
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem months ago.  The only way to protect a long series is to padlock the series at the beginning by going to the further options page and changing" until space needed"  to " until I delete". It is irritatingly slow to do  but it does keep them safe - but always check on the status of each new episode and make sure it is padlocked.

A Virgin technician said it was the only way to guard against this mindless computer.!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

greenwelly wrote:

I had this problem months ago.  The only way to protect a long series is to padlock the series at the beginning by going to the further options page and changing" until space needed"  to " until I delete". It is irritatingly slow to do  but it does keep them safe - but always check on the status of each new episode and make sure it is padlocked.

A Virgin technician said it was the only way to guard against this mindless computer.!!

Apart from the fact that doing this to everything was actually the cause of another bug which deleted shows seemingly at random.

0 Kudos
nickking
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ok this has happened again twice in two weeks, both on a Tuesday evening!

Seems to have randomly deleted 10% of recordings, some entire series and some random episodes.  Box was on 64% last night and now down to 54%.  Did the same thing last Tuesday evening as well.  It's also cleared out all deleted recordings despite having 36% capacity remaining so my wife can't get anything back that was auto deleted.

It's the 1TB box if anyone from Virgin Media can take a look what's going on.

All programmes are protected from deletion as well so the TiVO shouldn't be doing any of this itself!

Thanks,

Nick.

0 Kudos