Menu
sandrabarber
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TiVo very slow

always has been. I thought it was normal until I came across this forum. It is so slow I hardly use it

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo very slow

Hi sandrabarber,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® is running on the slow side.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you. 

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and signal wise all is looking great so far.

Can you please let me know what is slow in the TiVo®?  Is it when you're changing channels, navigating the menu, using Apps?

Do you also get the same kind of response when you use the buttons on the front of the box itself?  This test will just rule out a possible remote control issue.

If you can let me know more, I will be glad to help further.

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sandrabarber
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The biggest problem is navigating the menu. I press on something and it takes ages to happen. Same on buttons and remote. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Sandrabarber

Thank you for taking the time to get back in touch with the Community again. 

I'm sorry to hear that the response is a bit slow for your liking, I'd certainly like to help look into this.

I've been checking the services in the home and I've not been able to test the TiVo.

I'd like to investigate this further and with no outages listed in the area, I'd like to arrange a visit form an engineer. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Reply when you can and take care Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cokdeli
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem (again) when going to the Home Page, My Shows, TV Guide, it is so slow to respond. I've tried the above and it is still slow, and yes I did do a restart.

And that dreaded whirly circle that drives me crazy

cokdeli
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI cokdeli

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems with your TiVo box at the moment, so I could take a closer look at your set top box could I ask you to confirm some information?

You can view my message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

I look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this problem!

Talk soon

craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I just came onto the forum to report this very same problem.

I have a 1TB Tivo (Cisco branded). I believe it was one of the first ones you released.

Lately it has become painfully slow to use, and the Mrs is now complaining about it almost daily.

Navigating through the menus, or the TV guide. Or going into My Shows takes about 9 to 10 seconds between each menu step.

It never used to be like this, but possibly within the last month it has got a lot slower.

Is the new software update too heavy for the older Tivo box ?.

I would say it is excessively slow, which just makes it a chore to use. Especially going into Apps.

If you open Netflix, you can go and make a cup of tea while its loading.

Out internet speed is fine, as we get between 70 and 140mb on a wired connection. It does vary a lot.

Is there anything that can be done ?.

HP, Dell, IBM/Lenovo Certified Server Hardware engineer.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi paul_taylor,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® has been running so slowly. I can certainly have a look at this for you.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. All the tests to your TiVo show that everything's working fine; no signal level problems seen and no errors seen. Are you seeing the slowness of the box during specific times of the day or evening?

I have sent a new signal to the TiVo, please reboot the box and please let me know how this goes.

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

Just checking back with you about the problem you reported with your TiVo,

Please let me know if I can help further.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
stanman
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM...ONLY GOT TIVO INSTALLED 3 WEEKS AGO

0 Kudos