Menu
lovingboth
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo turns itself on at odd times

Every so often, the TiVo turns itself on and produces picture and sound. Last night it was about 3.45am. The former isn't a problem because the TV is off, but the sound goes to some speakers rather than the TV and those go 'ooh, some input, let's turn on and play it!' Why's it doing it - there wasn't any recording scheduled, so that's not an excuse, and I know it can record when in standby mode - and how do I stop it?
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo turns itself on at odd times

I would imagine it crashed and rebooted, or reset for some reason, as I believe it boots back up into "on" mode.

As for how to stop that, I'm not sure there is actually a way!

0 Kudos
lovingboth
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, in that case it's crashed three or four times in the past ten days. Apart from this, is there any other evidence of a crash?
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid I don't know if there's other evidence, might be something in settings that tells you when it last rebooted, but I couldn't tell you where to look.

My TiVo seems to be crashing a lot since the last software update so 3-4 times in ten days doesn't sound out of the question!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If they're doing network maintenance in your area the tivo is automatically rebooted when it's finished, this can last for several weeks

0 Kudos
lovingboth
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, it reckons that there's been no network connection since 0:28 this morning, so if they're not doing work, they should be... (Checks status page) "You might find that the Search function for All On Demand on Catch Up TV and TV On Demand is not working at the moment" - the whole of Catch Up and On Demand are not working... Live TV and recordings were working earlier today, but TV isn't now... ... ah, power off and back on again restores the On Demand and TV. What's the point of rebooting if you reboot into fail?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lovingboth Smiley Happy

Many thanks for taking the time to write into the Community.

I'm sorry about the interruptions to the TV services, I would agree with Tavis75 in this instance as there isn't any planned work being done, (very valid point), but the TV services had crashed during my tests. 

I would like to arrange for an engineer to come out and check that all the connections and cabling is correct and sound. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos