Menu
Dolarhyde
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo tuners behaving strangely.

Something odd is happening with my TiVo box overnight. Every morning for the past week or so, all three tuners will be on the same channel. Usually channel 604, but today 142.

I have suggestions turned off, and do not put the box on stand-by or switch it off at night. I don't usually record anything on channel 604 (BBC News).

For the last couple of days, I have made sure that before going to bed all tuners are on different stations and no recordings are scheduled... yet still all tuners are on the same channel when I switch on the TV.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is my TiVo rebooting itself overnight?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo tuners behaving strangely.

it'll be rebooting overnight due to network maintenance in your area

0 Kudos
Dolarhyde
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks. Any way of finding out what time this is happening, or is it a random event?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dolarhyde,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and and see how things are today?  If there's been a reboot during the wee small hours it will be as dannylau mentioned due to network maintenance. 

I have had a look to see if there's a way to see how long the box has been powered on for via the box and as far as I can see there isn't.  I have look at the System Info and Diagnostics area via Help & Settings and there doesn't appear to be any System Up Time details.

If you do find this is causing various disruptions to other aspects of the service, please let me know.

We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos