Menu
AliceHaggers
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo to DVD - no picture

I have been told by Virgin that I will lose all of my recordings by the end of March because my TiVo box is obsolete. I have around 200 hours of recorded shows to watch so need to transfer them to DVD before I lose them. I looked on this forum for information on how to do this. I connected up my DVD recorder with scart leads leading to the TiVo box and the TV. I can hear the sound but the picture is black. Where have I gone wrong? I've checked that the leads are all securely plugged in.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo to DVD - no picture

Your TiVo box is not becoming obsolete by March. There is no current, announced plan to get rid of TiVo.

One of the two types of V+ is currently being replaced by TiVo as it cannot support MPEG4. I can't recall which brand of V+ is affected but users have been advised.

UPDATE It's the Cisco V+ that's being replaced.

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Personally I'd ring up and tell them you want the whole lot taken away. That should focus their attention and you might speak to someone who actually knows what's what. I can't believe how bad customer services at VM are sometimes. 

Land this should be picked up by a mod on here. I know they're busy but even so they have time to tell people how to get a new remote control! 

barrylowry
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just wondering if the "outbound" team is really from VM at all. This could be a scam to get your details, particuarly since they think the Tivo is obsolete rather than the V+ box and they are getting ruder if you dont play ball with giving personal details out. Maybe try giving retentions a ring (150 thinkng of leaving option) they tend to be better trained and know whats currently going on.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your TiVo box is not becoming obsolete by March. There is no current, announced plan to get rid of TiVo.

One of the two types of V+ is currently being replaced by TiVo as it cannot support MPEG4. I can't recall which brand of V+ is affected but users have been advised.

UPDATE It's the Cisco V+ that's being replaced.

AliceHaggers
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Really? That is reassuring. The outbound team keep calling me again and again saying that my TiVo box will stop working at the end of March but when I call customer services/technical services/complaints team, they know nothing about it. The outbound team have been getting really rude because I refuse to give any personal/account details to anyone who calls me. Last time I called the complaints team they said that the outbound team has dispatched a new TiVo box to me via courier despite me refusing to give them any details or permission to change my box. Why would they do that? I'm so confused.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Personally I'd ring up and tell them you want the whole lot taken away. That should focus their attention and you might speak to someone who actually knows what's what. I can't believe how bad customer services at VM are sometimes. 

Land this should be picked up by a mod on here. I know they're busy but even so they have time to tell people how to get a new remote control! 

barrylowry
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just wondering if the "outbound" team is really from VM at all. This could be a scam to get your details, particuarly since they think the Tivo is obsolete rather than the V+ box and they are getting ruder if you dont play ball with giving personal details out. Maybe try giving retentions a ring (150 thinkng of leaving option) they tend to be better trained and know whats currently going on.
AliceHaggers
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I (and customer services) initially thought it was a scam but they've made notes on my VM file now so I guess they must be from Virgin. I don't understand what they're up to. I've tried calling the 'thinking of leaving us' number a couple of times but, as with everyone else, they don't know anything about it. I think I will just get my stuff onto DVD and leave Virgin because it's all too confusing.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C Its the Scientific Atlanta (SA) V+ box thats being replaced. AKA the TV Drive from the old days.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, @AMWSmith, your right, of course. I even had a TVDrive in the old days.

It's the TiVo that has Cisco and Samsung variants.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Sorry, @AMWSmith, your right, of course. I even had a TVDrive in the old days.

It's the TiVo that has Cisco and Samsung variants.

Don't forget the (basic) VHD box. it's a Cisco. Not sure if there was ever a samsung VHD don't think so.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi AliveHaggers

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing lately. I'd like to take a closer look at this from our end for you, to allow me to do so could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos