Menu
steviewevie
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo stuttering on some playback

Our TiVo used to quite often make a clicking noise which sounded like a dying hard drive. That was sometimes (though not always) accompanied by the playback of a recording stuttering while the clicking was going on.

Recently the clicking noise has stopped (though I may well be tempting fate by saying so), but the occasional stuttering on some recordings continues. It happened a few minutes ago and resulted in the box rebooting itself. When we restarted playback of the programme that was stuttering (and almost completely freezing), after the box restarted, we had more stuttering but after a bit the programme started playing normally.

Virgin, are you able to check the HDD remotely please?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo stuttering on some playback

Hi there steviewevie, 

I'd first of all like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some freezing and stuttering whilst playing some of your recordings. 

I've been able to find some of your account details using your forum credentials, and have run some testing, and as you suspect, I can see an issue with the hard drive, so I'd like to look into booking a technician to call out and take a closer look. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope, if you click on this you'll see my message. 

Many thanks for your post, and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
steviewevie
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to follow up, an engineer called and swapped my box. So that was great, thanks.

However, I was told that I could go into the TV Anywhere section of the website online and copy my Series Links etc, as long as I did it within 14 days of the box swap. But I went into there (just an hour after the box swap) and my old box is no longer there. All I can see is the new box and a blank section of Series Links.

I spoke to Virgin support via online chat and the guy there said he'd never even seen this working, and if the old box wasn't showing up there was nothing I could do. Which wasn't exactly helpful.

I was prepared for losing all the existing recordings, but I had hoped to avoid the pain of going through and manually setting up the Series Links again. Which I won't be able to fully complete anyway, e.g. for programmes that aren't showing at the moment.

So that was partly good service and partly poor service.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
steviewevie
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I can only assume that whatever Virgin did to activate my new box (when the engineer phoned up to tell them the serial number etc) ended up deleting all records of my previous box, instead of leaving it in the system so that I could do this copy of the Series Links etc.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi steviewevie, 

Thanks for your post and apologies you were unable to copy over the settings from your old box. 

I'm not sure why the old box wasn't there for you to be able to copy the settings from. I'm wondering if the only box there, was the old box and the new one hadn't been uploaded yet.

As today is still within the 14 days, are you able to check again for me?

Let me know if anythings changed. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos