Menu
bluecatt73
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVo stuttering on playback

Hi

I was an early adopter of TiVo, so I've had my box for several years.

Starting at the weekend it is now stuttering when playing back recordings.

This has happened with three separate recordings, twice about 45 mins into an hour long recording (and after fast forwarding through the adverts) and then last night about an hour and half into a two hour show with no breaks (BBC).

On each occasion pressing pause/rewind/jump back and then play has not worked, I have had to stop playback and start again to continue watching.

It seems likely to me that the hard drive is on the way out, could you please test my equipment to find out?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
nbzaram
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo stuttering on playback

Hi,

Definitely hard drive going down. I had same symptoms, menu slow, picture freezing, stuttering and finally programmes in the guide not appearing. TiVo replaced yesterday (mine was also an early 1TB one!) Now everything fine but of course I have lost all of my recordings and now have to set up preferences and series recordings again! Arrange a service call, I don't think it can be verified by an online check. 

0 Kudos
bluecatt73
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, that's what I figured. I've got lots of recordings, but nothing I'm in the middle of. So in some ways I'd rather swap boxes now if that's what's needed!
0 Kudos
meths
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Damn, mine's showing the same symptoms and I've been holding off until I've watched all of my recordings before getting it replaced.

I thought there was a way to back up series links and recording settings though just not the actual recordings?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bluecatt73,

Welcome to the Community, it's nice to see a new face Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the recordings, this is a nuisance no doubt. 

I have had a look into the TiVo and I have seen that the hard drive is looking a little peaky and would need some looking into. Fortunately we can get this replaced, the only downfall is that the shows you have are non transferrable, so any shows would need to be watched prior to visit. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
bluecatt73
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Had an engineer out yesterday, he changed the box for a nice new one.

I expect I'll soon fill it up again (& I've got Netflix, so it's not like I haven't got anything to watch!).

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Bluecatt73,

Thank you for your message, really appreciate getting back in touch to let me know Smiley Happy

That is really great news the engineer was able to help and that you've got a new shiny one too!

If you find that the need to know anything just let me know and I'll be right with you Smiley Happy

Take care and enjoy the rest of your Saturday Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
frankgibb
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ben, could you look at my TiVo?

I posted on another thread but have had no reply.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TiVo-box-stuttering-on-playback/td-p/3...

0 Kudos
Seawolf
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Could you also take a look at mine as well please.

Likewise I posted in another thread but not had the courtesy of a reply either.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Tivo-playback-constant-freezing/td-p/...

Thanks

0 Kudos