Menu
LizW1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo still slow after 2 new boxes

Hi ,hope someone can resolve this

when we first joined Virgin our TiVo box was fast, since then it's slowed up. It was reported and an engineer came and changed the box. We then had the same speed issue plus error messages, black screen, freezing and rebooting itself so we phoned again, same engineer came and replaced box again.  I still think it's slow especially when navigating "my shows" or catch up  I'm reluctant to call again as I keep loosing all our recordings and I really feel it's not the boxes, it's something else.  He did mention that some reading was a little high on the second visit ? I've just run a test myself and it only got to 99% complete before announcing test results were inconclusive? My mum lives next door and says her TiVo and slowed up over time.  I really think something is going on outside with the connection rather than the box. Help ! It's frustrating 😐

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo still slow after 2 new boxes

Tivos are quite sluggish, its just the way they are. Some people say if they reboot it it runs quick for a while
0 Kudos
LizW1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm starting to see this, tried rebooting u till blue in the face. If the broadband wasn't so good, I'd go back to sky, in fact may do when contract expires 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi LizW1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your TiVo® box is not running as fast as you expected.

If the TiVo® box is slow when selecting 'My Shows' and 'Catch Up' for example then this has nothing to do with the outside signal. If you've had 2 new boxes then it's more than likely down to the box itself.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests as a precaution. I'm not detecting any signal issues externally and the network is operating as designed so I've got no concerns there.

Hope this clears things up. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos